Friday 10 February 2017

Super exciting news - Banff Centre here I come!

I am over the moon to have received the very exciting news from the Banff Centre in Canada that I have been accepted to their Spoken Word residency.



The Banff Centre’s Spoken Word program is the first of its kind, offering a unique setting for artists to explore and develop their voices and career paths. This intensive program investigates a variety of topics from the spoken word tradition, such as history, composition, performance, new and multi-media, production, business/touring, musicality, orality, sound, spirit, language, body, and theatre. Past participants have gone on to become poet laureates, literary award-winners, festival producers, touring artists, authors, actors, educators, editors and more.



I will have dedicated time to develop my own project with guidance from world-class faculty mentors. Throughout the program I will be able to take advantage of workshops, special events, public readings, studio recording time, one-on-one editorial assistance from experienced writers and the opportunity to engage with a vibrant network of international artists.




The residency is in April 2017, so in the next couple of months I will be saving pennies and trying to source further funding to cover the rather expensive travel costs. If you happen to know of any suitable funding options, please let me know!

No comments: