Thursday 1 September 2016

Everything IS Alright

What a day it has been. 

Following yesterday's critiques of the work in the MFA exhibition by the 1st year students, Anna MacRae, Jim Lloyd, Mehan Fernando, Pipi Lovell-Smith and Hannah Cooper, today's critique focused on the work of the five 2nd year students, Bex Harvey, Yein Son, Liying Zhao, Mirela Bistran and me. 

We were joined by Alistair Robinson, Programme Director at NGCA, Sunderland and Elinor Morgan, Senior Curator at MIMA, Middlesbrough. Both days were very useful, constructive, encouraging and positive, and I gained a lot from them. 

As if the tension wasn't enough with the crit, today was also the day we found out our results. I am delighted that I got a distinction, and to top it all off I was also awarded with the Hatton Gallery prize. I really am quite overwhelmed by it all.

Thanks to all who have helped throughout the process - team Shaddock included!


No comments: