Monday 25 February 2013

Market Gallery Residency - Day 14

With every exhibition there is a lot of work that goes on 'behind the scenes', and today I spent some time tackling some admin/marketing tasks such as writing the press release.

I also added some more layers of plaster to the various forms that I am casting. One of the cardboard moulds was resting in a bucket, and unfortunately, when adding another layer of plaster, the bucket could no longer support the weight and so split, causing the mould to become disfigured and some of the plaster inside to crack. It was too heavy to lift and reposition by myself, but luckily I did get a visitor later, and she helped me lift the mould into a different support. I am hoping that adding more plaster will cement any cracks and fill any gaps. I will be extra careful when pouring more plaster, and will direct it away from the areas where the mould has become damaged.


 

Now that the inside of the cone has been covered in a few layers of plaster, I have moved the cone so it is at a slant. I believe the shape is more interesting when the base is at an angle.







No comments: