Saturday 23 February 2013

Market Gallery Residency - Day 13

Following my visit to Tramway this morning where I saw Solar Eye, the brilliant exhibition by Nick Evans, Joanne (another wonderful volunteer) and I began a casting session.


I had made larger moulds using the lino I purchased yesterday. The lino had an interesting pattern on one side, rather like the pattern on the poster for the exhibition.






I want to try to make the shapes of the casts less predictable than the cones, so set up some moulds resting on props.


I am really pleased with the range of colours that Ive used in this series of casts, and am now going to try to keep this selection of colours throughout future work for this exhibition.



I am filling the cardboard forms as much as possible to create solid forms.




























No comments: